USPS Direct Deposit and Payroll Allotment are the safest, quickest, and easiest ways to deposit your paycheck, Social Security, pension, or Veteran’s check, or checks for Social Security or pension into your Share Savings Account or Checking Account.
The Postal Help has a directive for workers who don’t utilize direct store to accept their check:
- You might want to think again about your decision.
- You can help avoid delivery delays caused by bad weather and other factors by using the direct deposit option.
- Direct deposit will ensure that your wages are electronically deposited into your personal checking or savings account each payday if you currently receive hard copies of your paycheck.
- You can establish direct deposit and ensure that your next paycheck is electronically deposited into your account by signing up before March 10, at 4 p.m. Eastern time.
After this date, enrollments will still be processed, but direct deposit will take place in a later pay cycle.
Follow these directions to sign up for direct deposit:
1.If you are prompted to do so, visit liteblue.usps.gov and log in.
2. Under “Employee Quick Apps – Quick Links,” select PostalEASE.
3. Enter your employee identification number and password in PostalEASE. Selecting the “forgot password” option will take you to a verification page where you can request a new password if you can’t remember yours or need one assigned.)
4. Complete the worksheet by selecting “Allotments / Payroll Net to Bank” from the heading “Payroll.”
Your money is safe and available immediately with Direct Deposit:
1. More than a million mailed checks are reported as lost or stolen annually by the United States Treasury.
2. Direct Deposit is used by more than 28 million Social Security recipients.
3. When you are on vacation, working a shift, or traveling for business, deposits are made on a regular basis. Account balances for Direct Depositors are 7 percent higher than those of other account holders.
The faster, safer, more dependable, and more convenient method of receiving payments is electronic funds. As a result, the Electronic Funds Transfer Expansion Act urges the use of electronic funds transfer (EFT) for all federal payments, with the exception of your IRS refund check.
Anyone who receives it is impacted:
Social Security, pensions and salaries from the federal government and the military, and veteran’s benefits. If you’re new to receiving federal payments, you can choose to have your payments sent to an institution of your choice by direct deposit.
Set up your Direct Deposit account today and never miss a payment again by contacting us, the Credit Union, your employer’s payroll department, or Go Direct (opens in new window).
Log in to your Virtual Branch account to set up Payroll Allotment and have your paycheck automatically sent to various accounts. Alternately, you can fax us at (301) 856-4061 or print out a Liteblue EPayroll Allotment Form to mail or drop off at any branch location.
Direct Deposit Options for USPS Employees
PostalEASE is a telephone system that gives USPS employees the option of making their allotments, or “net direct deposit,” in a way that is easy, private, and secure.
With PostalEASE, you can do:
- You can start transferring all of your earnings (net direct deposit) to USPS FCU with PostalEASE.
- Start making allocations, or transfers of a portion of your earnings, to one or two financial institutions.
- Change your USPS FCU allotments or make a net direct deposit.
1. Your Government backed retirement Number.
2. Your USPS Individual ID Number.
3. Directing Number for USPS FCU (254075441).
4. Your USPS FCU account number (Model: 123456(0)). The default steering for computerized stores is to your bank account, which is addition 0.
To Complete Process:
1. Call PostalEASE at 1-877-4PS-EASE (877-477-3273) to finish the process. When asked to enter your SSN and USPS PIN, select PostalEASE. Follow the instructions to finish the transaction.
2. You should write down the following after you have finished your entries: Affirmation number, handled date, and the date that these progressions will produce results (a future payday). It is suggested that you preserve this data. You can sign in to LiteBlue (opens in a new window) and carry out your requests online or by telephone if you are unable to use PostalEASE because of a medical condition. Call the LiteBlue Human Resources Shared Service Center at 877-477-3273, select Option 5, and then respond with “benefits” if you have any questions or problems using PostalEASE. The number for a TTY is 866-260-7507.
Direct Deposit Set-Up Information for Non-USPS Employees
You will need the following information when you set up your Direct Deposit with your human resources/payroll department:
- Routing number: 254075441.
- Your basic account number (Example: 123456(0).
- The default routing for automated deposits is to your savings account, which is suffix 0.
- Account type: Checking or Savings.
Look at the Advantages of Direct Deposit and Payroll Allotment:
1. Easy access to your funds.
2. No deposit or check cashing trips.
3. Never wait in line again.
4. Never worry about a lost, stolen, or check delayed.
5. Save automatically.
6. Conveniently make loan payments.
7. Earn competitive dividends.
8. Allocate funds to your savings, club and checking accounts.
9. Funds are federally insured by NCUA up to $250,000.
Read Also: USPS Hold Mail LiteBlue Virtual Timecard Liteblue Login Liteblue Epayroll USPS Hold Mail USPS Find Missing Mail USPS Change of address FMLA USPS Tracking USPS Informed Delivery Ways To Keep Your Packages Safe During the Holidays USPS Passport Service liteblue ecareers EAP Registered Mail USPS Package Refusal Share Mail USPS Click-N-Ship LiteBlue eRetire Priority Mail