The USPS Hold Mail service will hold any and all mail, including letters and packages, for any and all individuals whose addresses are specified as eligible. Requesting the USPS Hold Mail service is free. There can only be one Hold Mail service running at a time at an address. A PO Box does not require a Hold Mail request from the USPS because mail delivered to a PO Box can sit there for up to 30 days. In the event that modifications are required, be sure to record the confirmation number for future reference.
New to USPS How to Request Hold Mail
Here we show how to submit your next USPS Hold Mail request:
1)First create or sign in to your USPS.com account.
2) Then go to USPS Hold Mail page holdmail.usps.com/holdmail and follow the steps to verify your identity for official click here.
3) Once your identity has been verified successfully, you won’t have to complete this step again for your current address.
How to Hold Mail During Vacation
USPS offers Informed Delivery, mail holds and, surprisingly, transitory sending to assist you with overseeing mail while away. Travelers have options for handling mail that don’t involve asking a friend for a favor, whether porch pirates are a problem in your neighborhood or you just want to avoid coming home to a full mailbox.
When you travel, you can take advantage of three services provided by the United States Postal Service. Let’s take a look at USPS Informed Delivery, how to hold mail, and when you might want to temporarily forward mail.
How to edit, change or cancel Hold Mail request?
If you submit Hold Mail request online or through the Customer Care Center with a valid email address, confirmation numbers will be sent via email. The email contains a link to the USPS Hold Mail application, allowing you to modify your request.
You can edit, change, or cancel your hold mail request with a confirmation number. By clicking on the link in the confirmation email you received. By contacting the Customer Service Center. Only by going to your neighborhood Post Office and giving one of the Acceptable Forms of Identification to them. If you are still out of town, on vacation, or something similar, you will not be able to visit your local Post Office. You will need to contact the Post Office in your area. You might find the telephone number and address utilizing Mail center Finder.
Login into Hold Mail
Follow below steps into Hold Mail login:
- First, you must know your Username and Password.
- Then enter Username and Password then click on sign in.
- If you Forgot password click on the Forgot password. For security purpose you must create new password. A temporary password will by email so you can create a new one. If you forgot Username click on Forgot Username.
How to get mail when my USPS Hold Mail request ends?
Review the directions provided when the Hold Mail request was filed. You can pick up your mail at your local Post Office location or your letter-carrier can deliver your mail on the ending date you specify. Please note the following:
- First you must present one of the Acceptable Forms of Identification if you choose to pick up your mail.
- If you pick up your accumulated mail in person, regular mail delivery will resume the next Postal business day.
- If you choose to have your letter carrier deliver your accumulated mail, only the mail that will fit in your mail receptacle will be delivered if you are not home. If the accumulated mail exceeds your mailbox size, your letter carrier will leave a PS Form 3849 then USPS will redeliver for you and return the overflow mail to your local Post Office location for pickup.
- Important point there is a 10 day period in which to pick up mail at the end of a Hold Mail service request. If not picked up by this deadline, it will be returned to sender. If your delivery does not resume as requested then you contact USPS. For help with LiteBlue logging in, see LiteBlue Page.
USPS Hold Mail Frequently Asked Questions
1) How long can I place mail on hold?
A) Requests for USPS Hold Mail must be for a minimum of three days and a maximum of thirty. If you require mail to be held for more than 30 days. Post Office BoxTM customers do not require USPS Hold Mail requests because mail delivered to a PO Box can accumulate up to 30 days.
2) Can I pick up Hold Mail USPS earlier than originally requested?
A) The “Hold” is automatically cancelled and regular mail delivery will resume on the next Postal business day if you pick up your mail before the date specified on the Hold Mail request.
3) My Hold Mail USPS did not start or stop as requested?
A) You can get in touch with USPS, and a representative will record your concern for the local Post Office staff to address.
4) Why can’t USPS verify my identity online and how can I put my mail on hold?
A) Privacy and security are very important to USPS. You are required to attempt identity verification as part of the current online Hold Mail request procedure. Online identity verification may not always be possible for some individuals. You can request that an identity verification code be mailed to you if you are unable to verify your identity within the Hold Mail application. Follow the prompts in the Hold Mail application to demand the confirmation code. The letter will be sent by means of Top notch Mail and will show up inside 3-5 work days. You can also go to your neighborhood Post Office and fill out PS Form 8076, Authorization to Hold Mail, there. For a request to be processed by the following delivery day, it must be accepted by close of business at your local Post Office or Customer Care Center or by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777).
Read also: LiteBlue USPS Virtual Timecard LiteBlue Login LiteBlue eRetire LiteBlue Human Resources LiteBlue Epayroll USPS Direct Depoist Priority Mail USPS Find Missing Mail USPS Change of address LiteBlue MFA Process FMLA USPS Tracking Ways To Keep Your Packages Safe During the Holidays USPS Passport Service liteblue ecareers EAP SSP.USPS.Gov