What is Informed Delivery?
USPS Informed Delivery is a free service that shows you preview images of incoming mail, as well as status updates about your incoming and outbound packages. You can see those notifications in a morning Daily Digest email, or at any time via the dashboard from your phone, computer, or the USPS Mobile app. Informed Delivery also has other features that make tracking and receiving your packages easier and more convenient.
How does Informed Delivery work?
The USPS offers the free Informed Delivery service, which provides status updates on your arriving and outgoing items as well as preview photographs of incoming mail. You can view such notifications at any time via the dashboard from your phone, PC, or the USPS Mobile app, as well as in the morning’s Daily Digest email. Other elements of Informed Delivery make tracking and receiving your items simpler and more practical.
Mailpieces pass via high-speed sorting equipment as they move through the USPS network, which snaps an image of the front. (the side with the address). When mail arrives at your address soon, Informed Delivery will display grayscale photos of those mailpieces. Some items, like periodicals or catalogs, also have colour images and also for tracking a package visit USPS Tracking.
Sign Up for USPS Informed Delivery
- If you already have a USPS.com account. Go to your account page, scroll to the Informed Delivery section, and opt in to Informed Delivery.
- If you do not have a USPS.com account: Go to the Informed Delivery page and click the sign up link. Enter your address to check if it’s eligible for Informed Delivery.
- Provide your account information.
- Verify your identity.
- Receive Informed Delivery notifications.
Informed Delivery Login or Sign in
- To login into Informed delivery Username and Password is required.
- Go to https://reg.usps.com/login and click on sign in. Next, enter your Username and Password and click on sign in.
- If you forgot your Username click on forgot my Username. And do follow require things to gain a Username. Enter the email address associated with your username.
- If you forgot your password click on forgot my password. Enter your username and a temporary password is sent to mail change password temporary password and create a new password.
USPS Informed Delivery Frequently Asked Questions
1) Who is eligible for Informed Delivery?
A) You may be eligible for Informed Delivery if you have a residential address or PO Box TM in a ZIP Code TM that is eligible (most ZIP CodesTM are). Note: A “uniquely coded” mailbox is required, and some condominiums or apartment buildings may not have unique coded addresses. Additionally, commercial addresses are not yet eligible. Determine whether your address qualifies for Informed Delivery. Please return later if your address is not yet eligible.
2) How much does Informed Delivery cost?
A) Informed Delivery is free to customers so no amount is charged.
3) What if I can’t verify my identity online?
A) USPS must verify your identity before you can sign up for Informed Delivery to protect your privacy and security. You can visit a USPS location that provides Identity Verification Services if you are unable to verify your identity online.
4) How soon after I register will I start getting images of my mail and package notifications?
A) Although the activation time may vary, you should begin receiving notifications within three business days.
5) I signed up, but I’m not getting mail images or package notifications?
A) Mail preview notifications will only be sent on days when you receive mail. They will also not be delivered on Sundays or federal holidays.) Additionally, check the Email Opt-In settings to ensure that the appropriate email address is being used for your email notifications. Please check your spam filter settings and ensure that the Informed Delivery email address is added to your email contacts if you continue to not receive any emails: USPSInformeddelivery@email.informeddelivery.usps.com.
6) What if I’m moving and need to change my address?
A) Save time: Set up your permanent mail forwarding and update your Informed Delivery at the USPS Change of Address site.
Read also: LiteBlue MFA Process USPS Direct Depoist Priority Mail USPS Hold Mail LiteBlue eRetire LiteBlue USPS Virtual Timecard Liteblue Login USPS Find Missing Mail USPS Change of address USPS Tracking LiteBlue Ways To Keep Your Packages Safe During the Holidays USPS Passport Service liteblue ecareers EAP Registered Mail USPS Package Refusal Share Mail FMLA Liteblue Epayroll USPS Click-N-Ship