Affordable, Targeted Advertising:
Use Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) services to promote your small business in your local community. If you’re having a sale, opening a new location, or offering coupons, EDDM can help you send postcards, menus, and flyers to the right customers. Use the EDDM Online Tool to map ZIP Code(s) and neighborhoods even filter by age, income, or household size1 using U.S. Census data.
EDDM Retail Features:
- Great for small businesses, restaurants, realtors, and local political campaigns.
- Use a USPS.com account.
- Send at least 200 and up to 5,000 pieces per day per ZIP Code.
- Drop off your EDDM mailing at the Post Office.
- No special mailing permit needed.
- Pay online or at the Post Office.
EDDM BMEU Features:
- Best for large volume mailers.
- Use a Business Customer Gateway account to prepare and enter a bulk mailing.
- No volume limit on size of the mailing, multiple ZIP Code can be selected.
- Drop off mailings at a large USPS mail processing center (BMEU).
- Pay with a bulk mailing permit.
How to Create an EDDM Retail Mailing
- Create or Use an Existing USPS.com Account: Local businesses and individuals can create an Every Door Direct Mail-Retail (EDDM Retail®) mailing online with a USPS.com account. To use EDDM Retail, you must send at least 200 email items, but you can send up to 5,000 email items per postal code per day.
- Select your neighborhood and target audience: In the EDDM online tool, select the region where your customer lives. Use this tool to target customers based on specific demographics such as age, household size, and income.
- Mail design and printing: Create effective EDDM promotional items by following direct mail design best practices. Sending actionable emails with clear offers and calls to action can generate a customer response.
- Choose your due date and payment option: Select a submission date and payment method. The EDDM User Guide describes specific application procedures and available options.
- Print the form and prepare the shipping package: The order confirmation screen allows you to view and print the necessary Postal Service processing forms as well as the correct EDDM receipt to include in your shipping package.
- Send or send mailings: Pick up the mail or send it to the post office corresponding to the selected EDDM route. If that’s easier, you can mail the package or send it to a post office location.
Read also: USPS General Delivery USPS Informed Delivery Ways To Keep Your Packages Safe During the Holidays USPS Passport Service liteblue ecareers EAP SSP.USPS.Gov Eopf FAQ LiteBlue Multifactor Authentication FAQ EJob Bidding LiteBlue eRetire LiteBlue USPS Virtual Timecard USPS Find Missing Mail USPS Change of address USPS Account Disabled Recovering Your USPS Online Account US postal inspector USPS Multi-Factor Authentication Informed Delivery for Business Mailers usps label broker USPS QR Code USPS Tracking Plus International Insurance USPS Redelivery USPS Gov Postal Proud and Facts