USPS Gov Postal Proud and Facts
Here are 10 interesting facts about the postalservice, courtesy of the Postal Facts sectionof usps.com.
1. Emailservice reach isunbeatable. USPS is the only organization in the countrywith the resources, network infrastructure, and logistical capabilities to routinely deliver to allhome and business addresses in the country.
2. it’s a bargain. Letters can be mailed across the United States,forexample, from Honolulu, Hawaii to Bangor, Maine for aslittleas 58 cents.
3. Collaborate with competitors. UPS and FedEx pay the Postal Service forshipping hundreds of millions of ground packages, and USPS pays UPS and FedEx for air shipments. 4. Wehave the largest retail network in the country.With31,000stores,USPShasthenation’slargestretailnetwork, bigger than Starbucks, McDonald’sand Walmart.
5. Environmentallyfriendly. There are entire departmentsdedicated to reducing the postalservice’s carbon footprint in ways large and small. A recent move is the introduction of next-generation delivery vehiclesthat will significantlyimprove the fuel efficiency of the USPS fleet.
6. Fullof everyday heroes. Postal workers routinely go above and beyond to protect their customers, including theelderly and thosewithdisabilities, through the Carrier Alert Program. In the fiscal year ended September 30, 2020, the Postal Service recognized 186 heroic employees.
7. Support communities aroundthecountry.Hiseffortsinclude educating customers on consumer protection, delivering his holiday magic to those in need, and stampinghisdriveonhisone-day-onlyfoodstamps, the largest inthecountry.includessupportforhangers. 8. Bad handwriting is no match for codebreakers.Aremoteencodingcenter in Salt Lake City receives mail that automated sorters can’t decipher. His 1,000 employeesatthecenter translate ChickenScratch in anaverageof about 3.5 seconds.
9. Employs and supports veterans. ThePostalServiceemploysapproximately 73,000 veterans, making him one of the largest employers of veterans in the country.
10. Wehandlemost of the world’s mail. Nearly half (49 percent) of the world’s mail volume is processed and delivered by the USPS.
Read also: USPS General Delivery USPS Informed Delivery Ways To Keep Your Packages Safe During the Holidays USPS Passport Service liteblue ecareers EAP SSP.USPS.Gov Eopf FAQ LiteBlue Multifactor Authentication FAQ EJob Bidding LiteBlue eRetire LiteBlue USPS Virtual Timecard USPS Find Missing Mail USPS Change of address USPS Account Disabled Recovering Your USPS Online Account US postal inspector USPS Multi-Factor Authentication Informed Delivery for Business Mailers usps label broker USPS QR Code USPS Tracking Plus International Insurance USPS Redelivery