What is Redelivery?
If you are not available for mail delivery, you can arrange redelivery online using the tracking number or bar code number on the back of the PS 3849 form. We will deliver it again! Redelivery reservations are free of charge.
If you have a PS Form 3849 – we will redeliver it. If you receive a , USPS has attempted service if either:
- The mail containers (mailboxes, collection boxes, luggage bins, etc.) were full.
- There were no parcel lockers (neighborhood collection boxes or PO boxes) available.
- The item was too big to fit in the mailbox.
- If a signature is required or postage or handling fees are required.
- The item could not be stored in a secure location.
- If the above applies and the product is eligible for the gopost parcel locker delivery option, then the parcel locker eligible option will be active. The Gopost option is only available with Limited ZIP Codes. If the above applies and your delivery is on a Sunday, you will also receive a yellow PS Form 3849-SD.
Where is Redelivery service available?
Return services are available in many areas of the country, but not all. To check if service is available in your area, enter your contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) on the Returns Service page and click “Check Availability”. Please click on the.
When can redeliveries be scheduled and when will they take effect?
In the “About Missed Delivery” section, highlight whether PS Form 3849 is the first or last notice. The next line indicates how long the post office will keep the item. We will deliver it on the desired date when it is returned (however, we cannot specify the time). This preferred date can be up to the date the package is returned to the sender.
If this is the final notice of the item, the date of return to sender is indicated on the front of PS Form 3849. In the “Absent delivery” column, the “Return date” will be entered after the “Final notice” is activated. You can also decide when to expect his last 3849 notification and return date to the sender in “What are his second and last notification and return dates for redelivery?” .
However, please note the following:
- Reservations must be notified in advance and not the day the package is to be returned to sender. Unless otherwise specified, return dates are shown in calendar days, not postal business days.
- If you try to deliver again the day before the scheduled return date to the sender, but the delivery is unsuccessful, the product will be returned to the sender.
- Merely signing PS Form 3849 and handing it to the postman does not meet the minimum requirements for responsible mail delivery. If the item requires a signature, it must be signed by the customer upon delivery.
Read also: USPS General Delivery USPS Informed Delivery Ways To Keep Your Packages Safe During the Holidays USPS Passport Service liteblue ecareers EAP SSP.USPS.Gov Eopf FAQ LiteBlue Multifactor Authentication FAQ EJob Bidding LiteBlue eRetire LiteBlue USPS Virtual Timecard USPS Find Missing Mail USPS Change of address USPS Account Disabled Recovering Your USPS Online Account US postal inspector USPS Multi-Factor Authentication Informed Delivery for Business Mailers usps label broker USPS QR Code USPS Tracking Plus International Insurance